Monday, June 18, 2007

Bette's Diner -Berkeley

In between dropping off parts to a customer and waiting for the North Face outlet to open, HS and I decided to head on over to Bette's Diner in Berkeley for breakfast. If you do not have the patience to wait an hour for this place, do not bother going here.

Upon entering, you see this pie in the sky motif.
To the right of the entrance is a jukebox. It's definitely a "fun" looking place. To tiles on the floor are checkboard black and white, reminiscent of the 50s. After being almost passed out for waiting, we finally got to sit down at the counter. There, we had a view of the short cooks plating the food. It looked fast and fresh.








I had ordered the 2 eggs with their apple sausages and their cranberry lemom scone. (The scone which is probably the best on there). It was good but nothing too fancy. HS got the banana souffle pancake. (The soffle takes a while to bake.) I also got a side of salsa and a latte. The damage was about $30 with tax and tip. I think price wise, this is a tad high for breakfast. Portions were not great but the food was not bad. I've had a lot of better breakfast in the North Beach district of SF. I recommend just going next door to their to go order section and get a scone. It will save you the time and a bit of change from your wallet.

No comments: