This was what I was attempting to make, another one of Rachel Ray's recipes.
Baked Macaroni and Gouda Cheese with Italian Sausage
http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe/33052/
*Instead of Macaroni, I had to use little elbows from a leftover session.
*In addition to milk , I added heaving cream cuz I had leftovers from the citrus sauce the weekd before when I made the Wasabi Crusted Salmon.
*Instead of regular Gouda, I had smoked gouda.
*and my caramelized onions was on the drier side.
This was the aftermath.
Didn't come out too bad but my version of the trouffle macaroni, which is similar to this one, was a tad better. This came out drier on the edges. Maybe I baked it on too high?
So I thought that was pretty easy, why not go for my curry when I had leftover potatos and more of the caramelized onions? Well, I had bought a 99 cent coconut a week and sometime ago. I thought, wow, that's cheap! Until you decide to cut into it!!!!
This is before:
This was first experience for me. I didn't have any of the necessary tools. I thought, why not get a screwdriver and a hammer? As I was nailing it down, I realized I didn't want to have motor oil to contaminate with the coconut juice. So I got a big cleaver.
If you chop it at the right place, it will open.
This is after:
Well, long story short, as I was trying to get the coconut flesh out, I accidently cut myself with the knive. Stupid as I am, after being taped up. I continued and broke one of SS' henkel knives. So basically a 99 cent disaster turned into $25 and a big wound. Don't let this happen to you! Have someone else cut open the coconut if you are cooking!

No comments:
Post a Comment